Are you putting your home on the market, or considering selling within the next few years? If so, you’re probably considering painting your home. Do you know that the colors you choose for the interior and exterior can affect the sale price of your home? Sedona and Cottonwood painting contractor, Canyon Painting, discusses the best paint colors to increase your home’s value.
An analysis was conducted of more than 30,000 photos of sold homes around the country. The interior paint colors that are more likely to increase your home’s value are:
- Blue, blue (almost) everywhere! Homes painted in light blues or pale blue/gray sold for over $5,000 more than expected.
- Blue kitchens, most often in soft gray-blue, were discovered to have sold for a higher price than other kitchens.
- Blue bathrooms helped homes sell for a higher value as well. Light cerulean to cadet blue bedroom walls helped boost the selling price of homes almost $2,000.
- Even blue for dining rooms! Home purchasers found slate blue to pale gray dining rooms to be most desirable. These colors in the dining room increased the selling price an average of nearly $2,000.
- The living room is the exception. Buyers still like soft colors in the brown spectrum for the living room. Light beige, pale taupe, or oatmeal-colored walls in the living room increased the selling price almost $2,000 more than expected.
What about the exterior? These results may surprise you:
- Tan and beige are no longer the trendy colors.
- “Greige” (a mix of light gray and beige) is the “now” color for the exterior. Homes with a greige exterior sold for almost $3,500 more than was expected.
- And the fixture that sets the mood for entering guests, the front door, blue again.
Canyon Painting can help increase your home’s value with these trending paint colors for your Sedona or Cottonwood home. At Canyon Painting, we use only the highest quality paints, and customer satisfaction is our #1 goal. For a free estimate for residential or commercial painting, please call us at 928-202-8272.